This guide is intended for customers who maintain their own server. If your site is hosted by Pronestor, we handle this part for you.
Pronestor can integrate with Exchange. It isn't part of the basic software so this module has to be installed as well. This module has to be installed on the same server as the Pronestor Planner software.
Your Pronestor Planner site will be unavailable during the installation.
Table of contents
Your own server with Pronestor Planner already installed. See How to install Pronestor Planner on your own on-premise server
- A service account with application impersonation rights in exchange. We recommend it is set to password never expires. Please see our guide on the service account How to create the service account for Pronestor and Exchange integration
- For cloud: Exchange integration has to be enabled. Ask Helpdesk@pronestor.com to enable it if it isn't enabled already.
- For on-premise: The exchange module has to be installed, see this guide Link
- We can only connect towards one exchange environment, so all the users, calendars, meeting rooms and the service account has to be in the same exchange environment. Some exceptions have been described here Hybrid Exchange setup
- All calendars, meeting rooms, and users must have their primary smtp set to the original and not an alias.
- If you want to import meeting rooms, make sure your meeting rooms match Supported settings on Exchange meeting rooms
- AutoDiscover on Exchange must be reachable from Pronestor - here are some guides on setting it up: In general regarding AutoDiscover:https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/jj900169(v=exchg.150).aspxHow to test/validate:https://testconnectivity.microsoft.comhttp://blogs.technet.com/b/rmilne/archive/2014/10/02/how-to-check-exchange-autodiscover-srv-record-using-nslookup.aspx
- o365/Exchange mail notifications for rooms should be enabled as default - this is recommended to ensure that all mails from Exchange reaches the user.
How to install
- Stop the application pool for your Pronestor Planner site.
- Go to https://downloads.pronestor.com/
- Download Exchange Synchronization Service
- Unzip ExchangeBookingSyncService.zip
- Copy the folder ExchangeBookingSyncService to where you want to install it. For example "C:\Program Files\proNestor"
- In the folder ExchangeBookingSyncService open the file "ExchangeBookingSyncService.exe.config" with notepad
- Update the dbConnectionString. It needs to be the same data as in your Pronestor Planners config file.
- Make sure dryRun is "false"
- Open the command promt as an administrator
- Go to your installation folder. For example CD "C:\Program Files\proNestor\ExchangeBookingSyncService"
- Run "ExchangeBookingSyncService.exe install"
- (if installing multiple service instances, use -i [optionalservicename] to name the specific instance name - ex. ExchangeBookingSyncService install -instance:SyncServiceXYZ)
- Open the servers Services.msc
- Find and start "ExchangeBookingSyncService"
- Start the application pool for Pronestor Planner again
Done. You now have an Exchange tab within Pronestor Planner and can connect your Planner site to Exchange as shown in this guide How to configure Exchange integration