This guide is for the IT administrator and explains how to connect an exchange service account with Pronestor Planner.
Table of contents
- Connecting the service account with Pronestor Planner
- Connecting the exchange rooms to Pronestor Planner
- Administrator and facility manager rights in your Pronestor Planner solution.
- A service account with application impersonation rights in exchange. We recommend it is set to password never expires. Please see our guide on the service account How to create the service account for Pronestor and Exchange integration
- All users have to be in your Pronestor Planner solution. We recommend importing users to avoid human error. Please see our guides on Active Directory integration and Azure Active Directory integration
- For cloud: coexistence has to be enabled. Ask Helpdesk@pronestor.com to enable it if it isn't enabled already.
- For on-premise: Coexistence has to be installed, see this guide Link
- Exchange Web Services must be reachable from Pronestor.
- We can only connect towards one exchange environment, so all the users, calendars, meeting rooms and the service account has to be in the same exchange environment.
- All calendars, meeting rooms, and users must have their primary smtp set to the original and not an alias.
- AutoDiscover on Exchange must be reachable from Pronestor - here are some guides on setting it up:
In general regarding AutoDiscover:
How to test/validate:
Connecting the service account with Pronestor Planner
Log onto your Pronestor Planner solution, with administrative rights.
Click "Other settings"
Add your email domain to the "Attendees" filter and click "Save"
If you tick the exchange online box, Pronestor uses a default URL which is normal for those with exchange online
Fill out URL, Username, Password, and Domain if necessary
Fill out a fallback user. If the meetingowner isn't a user in Pronestor Planner, this user will be set as the owner.
Click "Save and test the connection"
Connecting the exchange rooms to Pronestor Planner
Disabling email notifications during the import
During this step we will import the rooms and import the meetings connected to the rooms. Every meeting imported will send out an email notification to the meeting owner. So during the import, we recommend that email notifications are disabled.
If you are a cloud customer, please ask Helpdesk@pronestor.com to disable email notifications for your site.
If you host your own server, please run this script on your database
update appuser set enable_mail = 0
How to import the rooms
Go to "Resources"
Click "New resource"
Fill out the meeting rooms email address
Fill in the desired settings for the meeting room
Repeat for each meeting room you want to import.
When a room is imported it takes some time (depends on the amount of meetings that needs to be loaded) for Pronestor to import all the meetings in the room's calendar. To the left of the room resource name a status icon will be displayed.
There are the following states:
- Room calendar is currently being imported
- Room calendar has been succesfully imported
- Pronestor is currently synchronizing with the Exchange calendar
- Connection to the Exchange server has been lost. Troubleshoot by verifying that the Exchange server is up and running and, subsequently, that the Microsoft Exchange information in Administration --> Settings --> Exchange integration is correct
- Pronestor has received an error message from Exchange. Pronestor will try to recover from this state
Enabling the email notifications for future bookings
We recommend that you get email notfications from both Outlook and Pronestor since Pronestors notifications contain more information, for example about catering and equipment.
If you are cloud, please ask Helpdesk@pronestor.com to enable email notifications again.
If you are on-premise, please run this script on your database
update appuser set enable_mail = 1
If some users need notifications during the testphase it's possible to enable them specifically. First you run the this script to disable everyone.
update appuser set enable_mail = 0
Then you run this script to enable specific users
update appuser set enable_mail = 1 where email = 'users email addresse'