This is a guide on how to upgrade an older version of Pronestor Display.
UPGRADE - server side
IMPORTANT - please do a backup of your current installation - in case a roll-back will be required. (see section later in this document on how to find the application folder)
IMPORTANT - for larger installations we do strongly recommend that a test environment is used to validate upgrade before applying to production environment
- Download installation file to the server hosting Pronestor Display - request download link from Pronestor
- Unzip the zip file and run the proNestor.Display.Setup.msi with elevated permissions
- Follow the on-screen instruction
When done - please login on to the Pronestor Display solution to validate the upgrade. The displays will automatically refresh once the server upgrade is done.
If you have upgraded from a version with a version number like 2.x.x.x - please go into the Internet Information Service, and set the application pool for Pronestor Display to use .NET Framework 4.0 - before starting Pronestor Display.
UPGRADE - displays
Once the server software of Pronestor Display has been upgraded, we strongly advise you to upgrade the displays with newest version of the Kiosk Browser as well (Android devices and iOS)
The upgrade is done by running the newest version of Kiosk Browser on each display.
Locating the current application folder
- Open Internet Information Service
- Locate the web site or directory called "PronestorDisplay"
- Right click and choose "Browse" - this will open a File Explorer where the application is installed