Pronestor Visitor Web Self-registration is a way for your visitors to register themselves when they arrive. Their host will be given a notification so they know their guest has arrived. This guide will show you how to install and setup the Pronestor Visitor Web Self-registration.
Table of contents
- Recommended devices
- Installing a browser
- Installing Visitor
- Installing Print
- Required settings for using Chrome browser
- Hardware device to stand in the reception.
- Installed browser on the device.
- Hosted Pronestor Planner with Visitor selvregistration module.
- Adminstrator rights in your Pronestor Planner.
Requirements for Print:
- Windows PC or Windows Server (with access to the Pronestor Planner installation via https).
- Printer connected to and installed on the Windows PC or Windows Server
- Privileges to install Visitor Agent as a Service.
- A user account in Pronestor Planner that can work as a service account. Only needs local booker rights.
*) if http is used instead on https - then the browser must be configured to allow access the camera
using chrome://flags/#unsafely-treat-insecure-origin-as-secure, where the URL is added as to Pronestor
We do recommend the following devices – which we have ensured support for:
For 24" Display for the Visitor Self-registration
However, Pronestor Visitor can run in a browser, so it can run on any device with a working browser.
Please note, some devices might have issues with camera/QR.
We cannot ensure compatibility with other devices, and thus we recommend customers to validate the camera/QR on those devices if camera/QR feature is to be used.
Due to sizing we recommend:
Android +4.4 (+10 inch)
iOS +11 (+10 inch)
Windows 10 (+10 inch – recommend using Chrome browser)
(QR support requires access to web camera)
Installing a browser
The device has to have a browser installed.
Pronestor offers a Kiosk Browser app for locking down Android and iOS. It can be downloaded here https://downloads.pronestor.com/
We also offer support the latest version of Edge and Chrome.
Pronestor Visitor Web is only available for cloud customers at this time. Pronestor will enable it on your Pronestor Planner solution.
If you have Visitor Web enabled in your Planner solution, you can access it here:
This guide Link explains how to set up and configure Visitor for self-registrations.
Please see this guide Link
Required settings for using Chrome browser
If your chosen browser is Chrome, please update the settings to stop saving info to Chrome.
- On your device, open Chrome.
- At the top right click the dots, then click “Settings”
- At the top, under “Autofill”, click Payment methods or addresses and more.
- To stop saving payment info, turn off Save and fill out payment methods.
- To stop saving addresses and contact info, turn off Save and fill addresses.