This guide is only relevant for on-premise clients, since the syncronization module is set up for cloud clients by default by Pronester.
The syncronization module allows you to update your meetings in situations where you can access Exchange but not the Pronestor plugin. This could be a mobile app or webmail for instance.
- Exchange service account with application impersonation permissions on users including other settings - please see this guide on how to set it up https://helpdesk.pronestor.com/hc/en-us/articles/203580165-Settings-permissions-for-Exchange
- Exchange service account must have a mailbox and the primary email address for that account must be the original one and not an alias.
- The Exchange service account must be dedicated the Pronestor solution and not a shared service account for other services as well.
- AutoDiscover on Exchange must be reachable from Pronestor - here are some guides on setting it up:
In general regarding AutoDiscover:
- Its highly recommended that the Exchange service account is set without a password expiration date.
- One and same Exchange server end-point must be able to resolve all users and their calendars via the Exchange Web Service set up in Pronestor. It can be found in the administration settings under the tab Settings.
- Server must have the feature "Message Queuing Server" enabled.
- Syncronization module be installed on the same web server as the Pronestor web site.
- Exchange Web Services must be reachable from Pronestor.
Installing and Configuring the Sync Module
Pronestor Room has to be configured to be aware that synchronization is enabled.
Install the syncronization module
- Download the ExchangeBookingSyncService.zip from Pronestor's download site
- Unzip in c:\program files\pronestor aps\sync
- With Notepad open "ExchangeBookingSyncService.exe.config"
- Set the dbConnectionString
- Set dryRun to "true" for testing, or set to "false" for alive sync
- Save and Exit
In the Administration interface in Pronestor Room:
Set the Exchange Web Services with the credentials for your Exchange Web Services (using the service account above).
You can start by running the Sync Module in a console to ensure that the module has been properly configured before installing it as a Service.
Install as a Service
- Open a command prompt
- Navigate to the "Sync" folder
- Type "ExchangeBookingSyncService.exe install" (if installing multiple service instances, use -i [optionalservicename] to name the specific instance name - ex. ExchangeBookingSyncService install -instance:SyncServiceXYZ)
- Once installed - open "Services.msc"
- Open the "ExchangeBookingSyncService"
- "Log on"-tab, use an account with local administrative permissions
For any issues - please check log.txt or check event viewer