This guide provides the configurations to follow when you first configure the Display site.https://helpdesk.pronestor.com/hc/en-us/articles/203791209-Recommended-hardware-and-how-to-install-and-configure-the-recommended-hardware
To complete this guide, you will need the following:
- An active Display account and subscription
- An approved Display tablet:
- e.g. IADEA Display tablet XDS-1088 (Link to recommended hardware)
- Data source for Display (Planner, Exchange or Google)
- An active network connection
- An internet connection for Cloud users
- A LAN connection for On-Prem users (Same VLAN)
If you're looking for configurations for specific panels, please see these guides:
Table of contents
- How to reach the administration options of Display
- The "Displays" tab
- The "Settings" tab
- My Settings
How to access the administration module for Display
Go to your Display link provided by Sign in Workspace.
Click "* Administration - logon"
Fill out your login credentials and click "Login"
From here you can access all the administration options in Display.
On the left side you'll see to tabs; The Displays tab and the Settings tab.
The "Displays" tab
In the Displays tab you get an overview of the different display types you can configure:
The "Settings" tab
The Settings tab includes the configurations for the data source, error reporting, license management etc.
How to connect your solution to a data source
Within Display you can connect to either Planner, Exchange or Google
- URL – insert the URL for Planner
- Username – user account with permissions to manage rooms in Planner
- Password - password for dedicated user account *
- Domain – domain name (optional)
* Please note: Do not use the "admin" account for the display.
You will need to create a new account specific to the Display Application. The account must have Global "Facility Manager" permissions as well as a billing account and meeting type.
For Exchange (On-prem):
- URL – insert the URL (connection string) for your Exchange Web Services (EWS)
- Username – Service account (Dedicated Service Account)
- Password - password for service account
- Domain – Windows domain name
For Exchange Online / oAuth:
Please follow the guide for oAuth and modern authentification
- Principal email address – service account in Google Apps (ex. pronestor [at] yourdomain [dot] com)
- Service Account email address – account created when enabling API (ex. 123456789 [at] developer [dot] gserviceaccount [dot] com)
How to import meeting rooms from your calendar
This depends on the data source of your Display solution.
If your solution is Planner connected, please click "Search for rooms"
Display will find every meeting room from Planner and tell you how many Room booking panels you're about to import.
All your Planner meeting rooms will now be visible in the overview. If you have more Planner meeting rooms than you Display licenses, then please remember to disable any extra Room booking panels.
If your solution is Exchange connected, there are two ways to connect the meeting rooms. You can search for specific meeting rooms, or you can import every meeting room that is setup as a meeting room in Exchange.
To import all meeting rooms, please click "Search for rooms"
You will get a popup that tells you how many meeting rooms you are about to import.
Note - only meeting rooms on Exchanges room list is added. If your meeting room isn't on the room list, please use "Find room" for it instead.
The meeting rooms are now imported.
To import specific meeting rooms instead, please click "Find room"
Type in the meeting rooms email address
The meeting room is then imported.
Click "Search for rooms"
How to edit the Displays name and choose a room image
You can edit the Displays name and choose a room image under settings -> rooms. The rest of the editing options are over under the Display tab.
To change the Room booking panels name update the "Display name" and click "Save"
Upload a room image for the Display. This picture needs to be enabled on the Room booking panel as well.
Click "Choose picture"
Click the picture you want and press "Choose"
How to set up error reporting
Error reporting lets users report an error in the meeting room from the Room Booking Panel. This ensures that your Facilities Manager can get informed swiftly and simply.
The user simply reports it on the screen, and Display sends an email.
Go to Settings -> Error reporting
Click "+ Add Equipment"
Fill out the relevant information for the equipment.
Equipment can be defined with:
- Name of equipment - a complete name that is used in the administration module
- Name listed on display - the name of the equipment as it should be shown on a Room Booking Panel
- Allow comments on screen - when choosing the equipment, should user be allowed to send a comment upon reporting an error?
- Confirmation text - short text shown to the user when he/she reports an error for that specific equipment
- Error report e-mail recipient - the person to be notified when an error reporting has been performed or has been disabled
In this example it is a Jabra speaker, and Facilitymanager@company.com gets the email if it is reported broken.
Note - port 587 (smtp) must be open before an e-mail can be send to e-mail recipient.
Once the equipment has been created, you can enable it on the individual room booking panels.
We have three possible security measures you can take on your solution. They can be found under Settings --> Security
We recommend this feature for all our online Display customers, since the users won't be prompted when they interact with the Room Booking Panel.
You can access the site with the overview of the displays, but you when you try to access the room booking panels you will be prompted for the token.
If your Display site has been configured to require tokens to be set - please use the following URL when setting up your tablets:
This feature enables a pin code authentification on the displays. This means that you will be prompted for the pin-code when you interact with the Room Booking Panel.
Authentication pin-code has to be enabled both under Settings --> Security and on the individual Room Booking Panel in the interactivity pane.
Hidden Public Display Overview:
You can only enter the site with the admin login. This means that when you configure the tablets, you need to login with the email and login to see the meeting rooms site. It also means that no outsider can see the status of your meeting rooms or book spontaneous meetings.
Tick off the box to enable it. It is disabled by default.
There is only 1 user for Display, and this is where you can see it. You can change the login and the password for the administration account here.
We recommend that you change the password the first time you login to the display site.
This is where you upload your license and where you can see how much your license covers.
To insert the license
Click "Insert license"
Use the file explorer to find the Pronestor.lic file
Click "Insert license"
The license is now uploaded
If you're looking for how to configure the tablets, then please check out this section of our helpdesk https://helpdesk.pronestor.com/hc/en-us/sections/4415529104657-Configuration-of-your-tablets
Please sign in to leave a comment.