Pronestor Visitor does not per default delete or anonymize visitor information.
This article will explain how this can be performed - using a scheduled stored procedure.
The stored procedure can be configured to anonymize visitors back in time - with a parameters that states how old a badge/visit should be before it is anonymized.
We will not remove/delete activities on visits - but will overwrite the visitors name and email with a "f" for first name and "l" as last name and email as "firstname.lastname@example.org"
Knowledge of MSSQL Server Management Studio - and access to create stored procedures and jobs on SQL Server.
The steps to be performed are:
- Create a stored procedure ([AnonymizeVistors])
- Create a scheduled job
Creating the stored procedure
Run the attached script on the database for Pronestor.
When performed - a stored procedure with the name of "AnonymizeVistors" should appear within Programmability->Stored Procedures
Creating a scheduled job
- Open SQL Server Agent
- Open jobs
- Right click and choose New Job
- Within "Steps" - click "New"
- Give it a name - ex. "AnonymizeVisitor"
- In Database choose the Pronestor database
- In Command - type (set daysbackintime for from when visitors should be anonymized)
@daysbackintime = 120
- Go to "Schedules" and configure it to run everynight