- Configured Pronestor Display site - hosted or onpremise
- Samsung DB10E-T device (with factory presets)
Please note - the Samsung DB10E-T device is only supported in landscape orientation!
Power up the Samsung device - and follow the steps below that match the steps in the configuration guide online.
- "1. Menu Language"
- "2. Display Orientation"
- "3. Auto power off"
- "4. Network Settings"
Connect to a network
- "5. Clock Set"
Set current date and time
- "6. Play via"
Choose "URL Launcher"
- "7. Device name"
Give the device an unique name
- "8. Setup Complete"
- In "Change URL", enter URL to the Display list, e.g. https://customername.pronestordisplay.com/Display.mvc/Show/[Display ID] (cloud customers) or https://servername.pronestordisplay.com/Display.mvc/Show/[Display ID] (on-premise customers), and choose Done.
- [Display ID]'s can be found by opening https://customername.pronestordisplay.com/Display.mvc on a PC
- Click "Show" for a Display
- In the URL for the Display, locate the ID at the end of the URL
- Choose "URL Launcher".
- From the overview in Pronestor Display choose display
We do recommend that the built-in On/Off Timer is configured for optimization of electricity consumption. See below for instructions.
On/Off timer configuration
PLEASE REFER TO YOUR SAMSUNG SSP DEVICE SUPPLIER FOR SPECIFIC ON/OFF TIMER REQUIREMENTS.
- Using the Samsung SSP remote control, go to "Home"
- Go to "On/Off Timer"
- In the "On Timer" configuration section, set the time at which you want the device to turn on
- In the "Off Timer" configuration section, set the time at which you want the device to turn off
- Additionally, you can add holidays from the section, "Holiday Management"
Work hours in the organization span from 7:00AM to 6:00PM, thus, there is no need for the displays to be from 6:00PM to 7:00AM.
- Go to "On/Off Timer"
- In the "On Timer" configuration section, set the time to 7:00AM
- In the "Off Timer" configuration section, set the time to 6:00PM
Parsing SecurityToken to a display
We do recommend using SecurityToken, to ensure and protect a display.
If a SecurityToken has been set in the administration module, you need to parse this via a parameter - ex.
Note - if you have used another URL or just adding the securitytoken - please reset the device as described below.
Important for troubleshooting
Opening menu via Remote control
- To get into the menu of the SSSP device - click the "Home" button on the remote control
- Hit key "1" on the remote to return to the list of Displays in Pronestor Display
- To reset to factory settings - turn off the device - hit "mute 182" on the remote control and power on the device
- If a device is to point to another Pronestor site - please hit the Change URL field, and below type $DEL + Done, before a new site can be configured in the URL Launcher.
"Network connection lost"
- The URL used in the URL Launcher is incorrect - please ensure that it conforms to a complete URL with http/https
- The DB10E-TPOE with firmware 1011 does not support using of port in the URL