Setting Exchange Permissions
Below you'll find a description on how to give a service account application impersonation permission within Exchange 2010/2013/Office365.
Note - please ensure that you set the password for the Service account never to expire. If that isn't possible, then it is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that the password is always updated in Exchange and in Pronestor before it expires.
Please note: Setting of permissions on Exchange can have some latency before the permissions are set and available. Please allow up to 30 min. for Exchange to have the permissions committed.
Setting Application Impersonation
New-ManagementRoleAssignment -Name PronestorServiceGroup -Role applicationImpersonation -User firstname.lastname@example.org
- Go to web portal - with administrator permissions
- Create a new user (ex. "service")
- Go to Exchange Admin Center
- Choose Permissions in left menu
- Choose "Admin Roles"
- Create a new "Role Group"
- Name : Pronestor Service Group
- Roles : add "ApplicationImpersonation"
- Members : add the "service"-user from above