This topic explains which pre-requisites are required to install Pronestor Display as an on-site installation.
Server - software:
Microsoft server 2008 or newer
Server - Hardware
- We do support professional devices like Samsung DB10 with SSP and Philips Display (10BDL3051T)
We do support customer devices like iPad 2/3/4/air/air2 (+iOS9 and newer), Android tablets (incl. Kindle Fire HD) and Windows tablets (Windows 8/10).
The default designs are validated to be used with the following devices iPad 2/3/4/air/air2, Samsung Tab 3/4/A and Philips Display (10BDL3051T)
IMPORTANT - we strongly recommend using professional hardware/digital signs that are made to be used for 24/7 usage ex. Samsung DB10 and Philips 10BDL3051T. These devices also support PoE, scheduled power on/off (only Philips), and MDM.
- You can use the system from any web browser – like MS Internet Explorer, Firefox, Apple Safari and Chrome web browser
Installation on server
Download the installation file from our download site http://help.pronestor.com/download/
Unzip the file in a folder on the server.
Open Windows PowerShell as an admin
Go to the directory where you unzipped the folder and call the file Pronestor.display.setup.msi
Follow the onscreen instructions.
Configure access to your calender - this guide tells you how https://helpdesk.pronestor.com/hc/en-us/articles/202963798-Connecting-Pronestor-Display-to-your-Calendar
Open “Start->All Programs->Pronestor Display->Launch Pronestor Display”
Support for Samsung SSP devices
If the installation is to work with Samsung SSP3 devices - please do as follows:
- Install URL Rewrite module from Microsoft (http://www.iis.net/downloads/microsoft/url-rewrite)
- Open web.config with Notepad (%systemdrive%\inetpub\wwwroot\pronestordisplay\web.config)
- Insert the following into Web.config in the <system.webserver> section
<rule name="SpecificRewrite" stopProcessing="true">
<match url="^PronestorDisplay.zip$" />
<action type="Rewrite" url="Home.mvc/GenerateSamsungAppBundle" />
Installation of License key
The Pronestor Display License is delivered by Pronestor and comes as a .zip file.
- Unzip the file and save it.
- Go to settings/License in the Pronestor Display solution.
- Click on ”Insert License” and insert the license file here.
Common issues concerning Microsoft IIS when browsing Pronestor Display from IE. Please take a look at this link: