This is a guide on how to prepare your Google Apps for Business to run with Pronestor Display.
You need to have the following in place before launching this guide.
- Administrative account for your Google
- Purchase Google Apps For Business
- One more room created as resources on your Google
- All users must have Google+ enabled for their account *) (see section "Enabling Google+ for users" below)
We will guide you through the process of enabling Pronestor Display to acquire information from your Google Apps.
- Google Apps For Business
- Administrator privileges on Google Apps (only for configuration)
- Rooms created as “room resources”
Tips on how to create rooms on your Google Apps: http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1033925
Create a project in Google Cloud
- 1. Go to https://console.cloud.google.com
- 2. Click “New Project” and name the project
Name your Project
Select your new project
- 3. In "APIs” select “Go to APIs overview”
- 4. click "Enable APIs and services"
- 5. Search for "Admin SDK" - click the card
- 6. choose and click ENABLE
- 7. Search for the google calendar api
- 8. enable that as well
- 9. Click burger menu, choose APIs & Services, and then Credentials
10. Click “Create Credentials” and then Service Account Key
- In Service Account choose “New Service Account”
- Give the service account a name
- In role choose “Service Accounts->Service Account User”
- And set key type to “P12”
- And finally click “Create”
12. A file will be saved – note where it is saved for later use
- 13. Click “Close”
- Choose “Managed service accounts”
- 14. Click the 3-dots and choose Edit in the dropdown
- 15. Enable “Enable G Suite Domain-wide delegation” and Save
- 16. Click “View Client ID” for your service account
- 17. Take note of Client ID and Service Account email
Authorize Access To Google API
- Go to https://admin.google.com
- Choose “Security”
- Choose "Advanced Settings"
- Choose “Manage API client access”
- In the “Client name” insert the CLIENT ID (see OAuth Data in earlier steps)
- In the “One or More API Scopes” insert the following: https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar,https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.resource.calendar.readonly
(important – copy the link text to NotePad and then copy again to the field in web)
Create a Pronestor Service Account with permission
We recommend that a dedicated user account is created. This service account will be used to access the room resources and have permissions to perform changes for the room resources.
- Go to https://admin.google.com
- Choose Users
- Click on "Add new user" on the yellow Plus sign
- Give the account a name
- Either choose your own password or choose that it should generate one itself, where you can note that afterwards.
Note the email – it will be referred to as service account
Set Permission on Rooms
- Log in to your Google Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/
- Search for your room and click on it, it will now be visible and enabled.
- Under "my calendars" click on the 3 dots next to your room
- select" settings and sharing"
NOTE – this must be done for EVERY room that you would like Pronestor to interact with via Pronestor Display
- Choose “Share with specific people” and then “Add People”
- Scroll down to "share with specific people" and click "Add people"
- Add the user account and set permission "Make Changes To Events” – and end with “Send”
Link to Pronestor
- Log into your Pronestor Display account
- Go to “Settings” and “Google Apps”
- Click “Upload private key” and locate the private key (p12)
- Enter your service account email into the “Principal email address. - eg. pronestor email@example.com
- Enter the email address from OAuth Data into the “Service account email address” - Eg firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click “save and test connection”
- Finally - Go to "settings" then "Rooms" and click "Search for rooms"