Through the Analytics module you can get a view on how often your meeting rooms are used.
You will be able to see the room utilization over-all, per resource category or even per each individual room.
Analytics is only available for users with Administrator role.
Analytics will show data for a given period - that period can be defined by:
- Choose date - will be used to filter the period which you are interested in investigating
- Work day - this is the time during a day that has your interest
The report will contain four sections of data
- Locations - column chart showing bookings per location
- Resource categories - table of room categories and the number of bookings per category
- Usage for selection - a sum the selection of rooms chosen.
- Room usage - sum on room usage for selection
- Bookings - number of bookings for selection
- Total hours - number of booking hours for selection
- Resources - table of the rooms with metrics on:
- number of booking
- total booking hours
- usage of room (booked time / total available time)
Interacting with the report
You can filter the report per location and even per individual room resource category.
When clicking a column in the "Location" chart, the other metrics in the report will be filtered and thus only show room resource categories and room resources for that specific location.
When clicking a resource category in the "Resource Category"-section, the list of rooms will only show the rooms in the selected room category.
Resetting a filter is done by clicking in either the "Locations"-section or "Resource categories"-section, and then clicking the filter-icon.
Room Usage - explained
The room usage reveals how well the room has been utilized in the chosen period (date and time slot).
A low percentage indicates a low utilization of the room and a high percentage indicates a higher utilization.
A 20% usage tells you that the room has been occupied only 1/5th of the time.