This is a guide on how to install Pronestor Planner on an on-premise server.
Before installing please ensure that the following condition is met in regards to licensing:
IMPORTANT - Access to https://license.pronestor.com from the installation server is required. This is required for validation of licensing. Failing to do this will result in a server error.
Below you’ll find installation and configuration for 2008 servers (IIS 7) and newer.
- Create folders and extract files to folder
- Configure Internet Information service
- Create application pool
- Create virtual directory
- Setup database connection
Create folders and extract files to folder
- Create a “pronestor” folder in “c:\inetpub\wwwroot” folder
- Create a “install” folder in “c:\inetpub\wwwroot\pronestor” folder
- Download the installationfiles from http://help.pronestor.com/download/
- Extract the content of zip files to the install folder “c:\inetpub\wwwroot\pronestor\install”
- Copy the license key, Pronestor.lic to “pronestor\install\License” (this is given to you by Pronestor)
- Open command promt as administrator. This is done by right clicking the command promt icon and say run as administrator.
- In command promt go to the path where you put the files, c:\inetpub\wwwroot\pronestor\install
- While in this folder, type in "run FULL_INSTALL.bat"
Create application pool
- Go to IIS
- In the left menu right-click Application Pool
- Choose “Add Application Pool…”
- Call the application pool for “Pronestor pool”
- Ensure that “Integrated mode” is chosen in Managed pipeline mode
- Ensure that it runs with .NET 4.0 framework
- Click OK to save and continue
Note - SQL Express
If you are using a Microsoft SQL Express please configure the app pool with:
- Right click the “Pronestor pool”
- Choose Advanced Settings
- Load User Profile = True
Note - application pool recycle
We recommend that you set the application pool to recycle once a day, outside business hours. After the recycle, the site will hibernate until the first user of the day logs in and access the site. Scheduled reports won't be send during the hibernation, so ensure they are set to send before the application pool recycling.
Create virtual folder
- Expand Default Web Site in the left side menu
- Right-click pronestor and choose “Convert to Application…”
- Set Application pool to “pronestor Pool” – using the Select button
- Click OK button
Note – Enabling Single-Sign-on
If you do not allow the application to create and populate the database itself – please see section
5.4 Enabling single-sign-login (Windows Authentication – IIS 7)
Configure SQL connection
- Open “c:\inetpub\wwwroot\pronestor\configuration\connectionStrings.config” in notepad or similar
- You now need to insert information regarding the SQL server, name of database, and the login information of the SQL user login we created in the previous section.
a. Data Source : name of database server (In this guide referred to as kasper_7-pc\sqlexpress)
b. Initial Catalog : name of database (In this guide referred to as PronestorDB)
c. UID: name of SQL login (In this guide referred to as PronestorUser)
d. PWD: Password for the SQL login
- Edit the 2. line to contain this information like:
- Save the file
Note – SQL Connection string for Windows Authentication
If you require that Windows authentication mode to be used towards the Pronestor database, then you must write this in the connection as well.
Notice – no user and password is to be written in the connection string – only that it is to use “integrated security=True”
When Pronestor Planner is installed
You can log in with:
Please remember to change the password.
You can use this administrative user to configure your Pronestor Planner solution and create or import more users.