When Pronestor needs a database from a customer where confidential information has to be removed/masked/anonymized
Some customers requires that a copy of Pronestor database can't leave their servers due to confidential reasons - it might be an option that we help them mask or anonymize their data.
HOW TO SOLVE
IMPORTANT - please ensure that the script IS NOT executed on the production database but on a COPY of the data.
- Make a backup of the production database - stored it to production.bak
- Restore the production.bak to a new test database
- Execute the attached mask.sql on the test database
- Make a backup of the test database - and set it to Pronestor
- Delete the test database from your server