In Pronestor Room the grid showing the rooms/av-equipment might show/not show all bookings of a meeting room, and the checkbox might not show even though the room seems to be available.
This issue might occur when a user's name in Pronestor, contains the quote-character - like Donald Mc'Donald
or if the name/title of a reservation contains characters like quote, larger-than or smaller-than (<>).
If there is a user in Pronestor with such a quote-character, please follow the description below.
To see if this solution is relevant, please see if this script returns any rows, if it does - then proceed with the "HOW TO SOLVE - user name" section:
select * from appuser where firstname LIKE '%''%' or lastname LIKE '%''%';
If there is a reservation in Pronestor with such a illegal character, please follow the description below.
To see if this solution is relevant, please see if this script returns any rows, if it does - then proceed with the "HOW TO SOLVE - reservation" section:
select * from reservation where name LIKE '%<%' or name LIKE '%>%';
HOW TO SOLVE - user name
If the users' are maintained manually - then the administration show locate that user in the administration module, and remove the quote-character.
If the users' are maintained via Active Directory - then, is possible, the name of the user should be edited there.
If its not possible to change the name in the Active Directory - then it has to be done via scheduled task on the SQL Server, right after the AD Integration has been executed. We suggest that a scheduled task in the SQL Server Agent.
- Expand the SQL Server Agent node and right click the Jobs node in SQL Server Agent and select 'New Job'
- In the 'New Job' window enter the name of the job and a description on the 'General' tab.
Select 'Steps' on the left hand side of the window and click 'New' at the bottom.
- In the 'Steps' window enter a step name and select the database you want the query to run against.
- Paste in the T-SQL command you want to run into the Command window and click 'OK'.
update appuser set firstname = replace(firstname,'''','') where (firstname LIKE '%''%');
update appuser set lastname = replace(lastname,'''','') where (lastname LIKE '%''%');
- Click on the 'Schedule' menu on the left of the New Job window and enter the schedule information (e.g. daily and a time - should an hour after the AD has finished).
- Click 'OK' - and that should be it.
HOW TO SOLVE - reservation
Look up the reservations and replace the illegal characters in the name