- Customers using O365 and the Pronestor Planner VSTO add-in
If you're using Exchange online, then Microsoft is launching a new version of their locally installed Outlook.
More information about that can be found here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/getting-started-with-the-new-outlook-for-windows-656bb8d9-5a60-49b2-a98b-ba7822bc7627 but the important part is - the New Outlook is not compatible with VSTO add-ins.
So what does this mean for you?
If you're using our VSTO add-in you can simply turn the New Outlook off and continue as before. Or you can look into whether you are compatible for our O365 add-in.
Table of content
- How the new Outlook can be disabled
- Are you compatible with our O365 add-in?
- What does the O365 add-in look like?
- How do you change to O365 add-in?
How the new Outlook can be disabled
Users can manually disable the New Outlook by toggling off the "New Outlook" toggle in the ribbon.
Customers IT can support end-users by deploying a registry key to the users to hide the "Try the new Outlook" toggle or to disabled mailbox access in the new Outlook:
- Hide the toggle (the toggle that enable/disable the new Outlook). Please follow instructions from this Microsoft release notes article by searching for “HideNewOutlookToggle” in the article: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/beta-channel#outlook-18
- Disable mailbox access in the new Outlook. Please follow Microsoft support article for instructions: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/clients-and-mobile-in-exchange-online/outlook-on-the-web/enable-disable-employee-access-new-outlook
Are you compatible with our O365 add-in?
This is more of a question for your administrator. All the users in your Planner solution have to be in the same Exchange tenant, and the tenant has to be Exchange Online. Additionally you have to have SSO towards Azure set up.
If your solution lives up to this, you are compatible with our O365 add-in.
What does the O365 add-in look like?
You can see our guide on how to book using our O365 add-in to give you an idea of how it looks and behaves. https://helpdesk.pronestor.com/hc/en-us/articles/5613768150941-How-to-book-using-our-O365-add-in
How do you change to O365 add-in?
Please check that you are compatible and note that the VSTO add-in and the O365 add-in are not compatible with each other - you have to choose one of them for your entire Planner solution.
Once you've checked and you're decided it is a simple matter of uninstalling the VSTO add-in on all users machines and installing the O365 add-in using this guide https://helpdesk.pronestor.com/hc/en-us/articles/5603784287901-How-to-install-remove-the-O365-Pronestor-add-in-from-a-Manifest-file