Synchronization Module and Coexistence
For Outlook appointments and Pronestor reservations to be fully aligned at any time, no matter on which device a change to an appointment is performed, the synchronization module can ensure an instant server side synchronization.
The synchronization module will ensure that any rescheduling and deletion of Outlook appointments, performed on ex. mobile phones, tablets or on any calendar where the Pronestor Outlook add-in isn't enabled, are handled server side.
- All users that have access to book an Exchange resource must have an account in the Pronestor solution.
- All users that have access to book an Exchange resource must have an Exchange account in the same Exchange environment as the Exchange resources
- Pronestor must be able to follow all actions in the users’ Exchange account as well as the Exchange resources’ accounts
- Exchange service account with application impersonation permissions on rooms and users including other settings - please see in "Setting Exchange permissions"
- Exchange service account must have a mailbox and the primary email address for that account must be the original one and not an alias
- The Exchange service account must be dedicated the Pronestor solution and not a shared service account for other services as well.
- AutoDiscover on Exchange must be reachable from Pronestor - please see comments regarding how-to.
- Its highly recommended that the Exchange service account is set without a password expiration date
- One and same Exchange server end-point must be able to resolve all users, rooms and their calendars via the EWS that Pronestor uses.
- Server must have the feature "Message Queuing Server" enabled
- Syncronization module be installed on the same web server as the Pronestor web site
- All rooms and users within Pronestor - must have their primary smtp set to the original and not an alias
- Any user that can book Exchange resources must have a Pronestor user account
- No contraints must exist for the rooms in Exchange, since these are controlled by Pronestor
- Exchange Web Services (EWS) must be reachable from Pronestor
Overall installation/configuration process
- Install and configure AD Integration - all users have been imported into Pronestor (see guide here)
- Create Exchange account for Pronestor with Application Impersonation (see section below)
- Install and configure Sync Module has as a service (see section below)
- Enable Coexistence and connect to Exchange Room Resources (see section below)
Setting Exchange Permissions
Please see refer to the following article regarding permissions on Exchange - http://helpdesk.pronestor.com/hc/en-us/articles/203580165-Settings-permissions-for-Exchange
Installing and Configuring the Sync Module
Pronestor Room has to be configured to be aware that synchronization is enabled.
Install the syncronization module
- Download the ExchangeBookingSyncService.zip from Pronestor's download site
- Unzip in c:\program files\pronestor aps\sync
- With Notepad open "ExchangeBookingSyncService.exe.config"
- Set the dbConnectionString
- Set dryRun to "true" for testing, or set to "false" for alive sync
- Save and Exit
In the Administration interface in Pronestor Room:
Set the EWS with the credentials for your Exchange Web Services (using the service account above).
You can start by running the Sync Module in a console to ensure that the module has been properly configured before installing it as a Service.
Install as a Service
- Open a command prompt
- Navigate to the "Sync" folder
- Type "ExchangeBookingSyncService.exe install" (if installing multiple service instances, use -i [optionalservicename] to name the specific instance name - ex. ExchangeBookingSyncService install -instance:SyncServiceXYZ)
- Once installed - open "Services.msc"
- Open the "ExchangeBookingSyncService"
- "Log on"-tab, use an account with local administrative permissions
- Go to "General" and click "Start"
For any issues - please check log.txt or check event viewer
With coexistence Pronestor Room and MS Exchange are synchronized and room resources are shared. You keep all resources on your Exchange server and create the same resources in Pronestor Room. All bookings of meeting rooms done in Outlook/MS Exchange will be reflected in Pronestor Room and vice versa.
Configure Pronestor Room
- Open "appSettings.config" within the configuation folder of Pronestor
- Ensure that the key "IsExchangeBookingSyncEnabled" is enabled
Ex. <add key="IsExchangeBookingSyncEnabled" value="true"/>
- If you have changed this value - you must recycle the app pool